View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 16, 2012, 12:42 PM

Pancytopenia and Leg Cramps?

Hello all,

I have had pancytopenia for 10+ years now... my counts are not down to the point of requiring any treatment yet -- just doing the "watch and wait" thing. At last blood letting, my counts were: RBC: 2.85; WBC: 2.35; PLT: 34; HGB: 10.0; and I don't remember the rest at the moment... (I don't have the counts with me.)

I have been exercising some pretty intensly and occasionally working outside pretty intensly doing yard-work. Although my HGB is "below normal" range, I have been trying to get in decent shape and improve my endurance and strength... while I feel like it!

My question/concern is this: I have recently been having leg cramps -- could these be related to pancytopenia issues? Typically these cramps hit me sometime in the mid-to-early morning hours (i.e. 12:30 - 4:30AM)... and they seem to be occurring more frequently. I just had a blood check and my potassium level was fine (although it has reported slightly low in the past year)... and I do try to include potassium rich foods in my daily diet.

Have any of you had frequent problems with leg cramps? Is this something I should be especially concerned about, given that I have pancytopenia going on?

Thanks,
David M