View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 10, 2013, 09:56 PM

I performed an few searches and did not see anything that directly correlated Andriol with AVN. I did see a few different articles that suggested a correlation (not really a causal relationship) between Cyclosporine and AVN though.

Through the past few years in dealing with MDS, I am pretty well convinced that what is supposed to happen and not supposed to happen are best guesses, and that "rare side effects" mean that under normal circumstances, they should not be likely.

For the AVN, I have had great success working on really stretching and working on the range of motion in my hips, working on exercises that do not increase pain while doing them, and then stretching some more. 2+ years ago, I could not get out of a chair without using both hands to push myself up. I rarely have any pain today.
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.