View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 3, 2013, 09:15 PM

Finally got to see the orthopedic Doc today and he thinks I have trochanteric bursitis. Got a steroid injection. Hip hurts this eve worse but I expected it would.Hopefully it wll help soon.
Had an endometrial biopsy which was without abnormal cells.Still have the enlarged lymph node in the right groin[same side as the hip pain].
The Ortho Doc asked me to ask my hematologist about autoimmune osteonecrosis which I did.Hematologist wants to discuss with ortho and get back to me.MRI did not show any AVN.
My labs are very good these days after 4 1/2 years of diagnosis of SAA. I am still taking Cyclosporin 25 mg twice a day. My hematologist suggested weaning off which I am game to do.
He says if my labs remain where they are off Cyclosporin he state I am in remission.
Current labs are WBC-3.5 neutraphyl-1.3-1.6 , Hgb-13.0, Hct-36, Platelets -140--that is the highest they have ever been. I was treated for endometritis a few days after this lab was done but my labs have been pretty stable waxing and waning a bit from here.

If so I was treated with horse ATG at diagnosis... do you ever really have a remission this far out from treatment? How is one monitored from here on? as I know I would still be at higher risk for PNH,MDS and AML?
If I am in remission when I go off Cyclosporin I wonder why I feel so fatigued still and still bruise more easily? How would one know if the aplastic anemia were to come back or if the ATG were to finally wear out?
Just wanted to ask others who might know more than my local hematologist.
Thanks,Ellen

[57 year old,diagnosed with Severe Aplastic Anemia 4/2009.