View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 8, 2018, 01:48 AM

More tips on air travel after transplant.

Hello everyone,
The daytime San Francisco- Tokyo flight was much better than the TKO-SFO night flight. So unless you are the kind that can sleep anywhere anytime, then I recommend taking the daytime flight. And please, do go direct. Stopovers bring on more stress, not worth the saving.

All my meds were in my carry-on, together with a prescription.

The wheelchair service may help weak knees. But after sitting coach for 10 hours, walking is the better option.

I experienced itchy dry skin on the flight, and applied cream regularly. Also eyedrops for dry eyes.

I am lactose intolerant, so inflight menus from creamy cheese or scrambled eggs to chicken sauteed was out. Besides, my taste buds are still off, so I brought along some food that I preferred: Pate chauds !!

Heparin cream helps blood flow and hydrates skin. They have it in 25 gram small size tubes, or 100grams spray, so I managed to bring them in carry on luggage.

When using the lavatory, I recommend taking a tissue to wipe the toilet seat down, then before leaving, use another tissue to open the lock and pull out the door. That way you don't get any unwanted germs from knobs and handles.

My 10 months post transplant appointment is this Thursday 4/12. Let's see how much blood coins this trip has cost me .
All in all, I feel great, though I miss California already.

Easter Prayers for everyone on the forum.

Meri.