View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 3, 2018, 09:15 AM

Hi Carol,

I haven't been on the forum for a while, but just came across your original post and my husband has similar parallels to yours.

He is 60, been diagnosed now with both SAA/MDS from Jan 2016.
For the past few weeks he has been in hospital with night fevers where he can go from 35.6 up to 38.4 in just an hour. The medical team give him liquid paracetamol, but are constantly changing up his anti-biotics.
I have been really worried as his counts all dropped quickly, and has been given a number of units of blood together with platelets etc.

But it is the fevers which the team cannot understand nor find the "gremlin", every test has been run and his fourth bone marrow biopsy now done.
However, talking recently to them they are indicating that he could now have full blow AA disease....but I thought to myself...does he not already have it???? So I really understand where you are coming from.

Yes it is a worrying time and for us Carers we take the brunt of everything, we seem them at their worst and best. I try and take every day and "empower" myself to get through, and to also manage my fatigue and constant state of high-alert. I do mindfullness (meditation) and yoga, these really help me focus my mind and to stop the erratic thoughts that can consume us.

Best wishes Barbara