View Single Post
Old Sat May 24, 2014, 08:13 PM

VA decisions - - - de facto wait listing

http://www.law.yale.edu/documents/pd...n_redacted.pdf

This is why, out of the thousands of Vietnam veterans (FOIA from DC) with myelodysplastic syndrome / acute myeloid leukemia, there have been only a handful of BVA decisions. Favorable decisions are being granted at the regions prior to them getting to the BVA. I personally know of two that were granted 100% at the region. In one case, he and I had the same doctor and basically the same nexus letter. 100% for him and denial for me.

You can also bet that this is why, when I wrote to the FOIA officer at each region requesting just this exact data, I was stonewalled. I've asked time after time that any of you that knows someone that was granted compensation for MDS/AML at the region, that you have them contact me.

Denying you are the region and requiring that you fight though a Notice of Disagreement until you get to the BVA is not a bit different than the regions "wait listing" veterans for healthcare. It is all part of the "Delay, Lie to Deny and Hope YOU Die." BVA wait, if you are lucky, is just slightly under four years.

The Aplastic Anemia/MDS International Foundation and the MDS Foundation surely know 'Nam vets and their widows that were granted at the region but Vietnam veterans and MDS/AML is not the cause de jour. They sure could not do enough for Robin Roberts though. Now, they could, at least, email their contacts and ask if they know any veterans that were granted compensation without being denied and having to go through the years of the NOD process.

Oh well, nothing to do but continue to soldier on in hopes that someday Veterans Affairs will do the moral thing. A friend told me once that there would come a time when I felt like Don Quixote of La Mancha. Actually, I feel more like I am dealing with a bunch of Don Knotts' in the VA administration.

I am 100% P&T with 0% for MDS with a BVA decision that it was caused by AO - - - So you see I have nothing to gain except being able to help others fight the VA.