View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 30, 2014, 10:01 PM

I am with you Bob....to prove that smoking causes lung cancer in everyone who has lung cancer is also 'impossible" there is an association in smoking and lung cancer; a possibility that smoking caused the lung cancer based upon related data...that is the type of association the VA and other medical org uses to identify association of possibilities the "presumptive" illness list is based up association and data of numbers soooooo, to fight the battle the association must be presented per case, the benefit of the doubt lies with the veteran- AND he or she is at the mercy of the local decision-making representatives AND the federal level representatives -they do not necessarily agree with or support each other- it's like having a good or bad hair day, it's a crap shoot.
Having said all that, Vietnam vets fought hard for various benefits, medical reviews and 'new diagnosis' recognized for treatment- today's Veterans benefit from their efforts we are only trying to continue the efforts to get things recognized it is a thankless, frustrating, effort
Bob I thought I was on your email list but only hear from you via this site..? Where are you and how are you doing?