View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 22, 2014, 08:05 PM

My God in Heaven!

Just hung up with Lynn from the office of Kerrie Witty, Director of Veterans Benefits, Saint Petersburg VA Regional Office.

In June of 2013, the RO sent me the request for "Statement of Case" and Form 9 to the WRONG address!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Typo they say.

Their mistake and they canceled the claim of nine years on August 31, 2013, with no questions asked.

How many more like this O' Lord, how many more?

Had I not gotten eBenefits up and running and just accepted the VSO's telling me "at least two more years" earlier this year, what might have happened? eBenefits saved my butt on this but how many veterans or our widows know about it or have a Masters' in Information Technology?

No apology from Saint Petersburg - - - just "BE SURE TO SEND OUR REQUEST BACK IN 60 DAYS."

How much more would it cost the VA to send the forms out "Return receipt requested?" Frankly, who cares how much more it would cost.

Now I wonder if they are going to ignore me when I request that they speed up the BVA process in this case or will it be another four year wait?

In fact, how about an emergency hearing in about a month? And, I am coming to DC.

Bob Macfarlane
23-143-111
954-232-7190