View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 27, 2011, 12:38 AM

Smile marrow forums

MDS is not a cancer, it does not spread, it affects the auto immune sytem,you are at risk for infection. I have had MDS for 7 years, I inject 40,000 of procrit once a week. on average I get 2 units of packed red blood cells evert 2 weeks. I take 1 Exjade daily to get rid ofthe iron overload due to the transfusions. After 4 years the ferritin dropped to 2385. It does take a while. The only advice I can give, is don't worry, worry will not make anything go away. Live your life to the fullest, if you want to do something, do it, live for today. tomorrow may never come. Above all don't worry It won't change anything. Enjoy your family, your friends, your enemys. Make sure that your last day on earth was happy. Put your faith in your doctor andif you have one, in your relegion, but don't worry it will only tear you to pieces, and wont change a singel thing