View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 19, 2008, 09:52 AM

Birgitta-A

Dearest Birgitta-A;

Once again thank your for your reply.
Randy, is off today for a infusion for his bones. Right now I don't know what the name of the meds is. However the nurse is writing a couple down for me.
Isn't it sad that the chemo's to treat MDS can also do damage to the bones.
I have to agree with you on your choice of Cheno theraphy. The Revlimid, is a little weard. Randys eyes burn horrable at times. The doctor, called the companty.. Come to find out.. as a person sweats, this med come threw the pours.. Also threw the tear ducts. I know that the others most likely can be the same was. Yet the Revlimid, is really something..
I checked the site out that your send in your last posting. Thank You.
I am trying to find a connection of what may have triggered MDS in Randy.
Threw the years. Randy has had a number of test for heart, strokes, ect. MRI's Tredmills, CT Scans. Well the whole testing thing.. Each time they used the contrast dyes.. (Radiation) When I called the MDS Foundation with my wondering mind. The lady told me they just don't know yet. I questioned, that if this is possable why hasn't it been researched futher to hopefully keep others from getting MDS or other bone marror problems.
If his is in relation to the contrast dyes. Than he is not De Nova. He is Secondary..
Perhaps your doctor could put the word out and in your beautyful country. More research can be done on the contrast dyes.. I have started the ball here. At least i Pray I have been listened to. There has to be a safer, "Contast Dye" that can be used..
Again I have you in my prayers. In My Heart.. As I do all who have to fight this battle.
I am only a caregiver. No Dr. Yet my mind turns searching for something to grab a hold of to give reason, for why MDS runs to rampid.
I have a disabled son that from time to time has the contrast dyes.. Thankfully its only been a couple of times. Now I feel I have to say No when it is suggested. I am his voice. So I think I have the right to say yes or no.
I wish there was a daily chat room to relate to people with MDS. I chat in the yahoo cancer room. However it is rare hearing of someone with MDS.
God Be with you
With Love and Hugs
Lillian