Thread: Magnesium
View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 23, 2013, 09:40 AM

Magnesium

Hi, looking for some advise on magnesium supplementation. I haven't looked into this before and stumbled on the thought after soaking my feet in epsom salt of all things, I had a issue with a crazy itch in my feet for about 15 years it usually goes away in a hour or so and it really hasn't been bothering me much lately but the last few days it's been driving me nuts, not a surface itch much deeper. Anyway I picked some Epsom salt and tried soaking my feet and the itch went away. I had already looked up magnesium and looked at it in the past but don't really want to throw things at my body without a reason. Magnesium comes up a number of times in these forums with folks taking it as a supplement. I suspect that I might have some kind of absorption issue and I'm on a paleo diet eating mostly vegetables (at least a pound a day), fruit, nuts, meat and fish. I assume i'm getting enough in my diet but I do have symptoms that may indicate an issue. I do not recall be tested for magnesium and my last test from the hematologist didn't have it, he ran potassium but I'll have to dig through my past results but I assume I'll be in range since it never came up as an issue.

Any suggestions on brands, dosage, experience and results would be greatly appreciated.