View Single Post
Old Sat May 28, 2011, 05:41 PM

Hello

Dear Deb,

It's quite interesting to read your history with LDN. Personally, I found an article on the Web about LDN and autoimmune diseases, and then ordered it as quick as I could.

I was diagnosed with severe aplastic anemia about 5 months ago. I haven't received any treatment so far, since I opted out on all the "traditional" treatments they offered me (which, you could've guessed, was ATG). I'm not much into drugs and all, basically I believe in natural therapies and the healing processes of the human body.

I've tried many approaches in the past months, ranging from herbs and essential oils to physical, mental and spiritual therapies (kinesiology, acupuncture, etc. etc.).

I've been keeping up with this idea so far, but it seems I'll have to go for the ATG myself too. In the first months I felt terrible, with my HGB dropping and dropping (it reached 50-55 eventually), and then everything became easier. I don't really know what happened, but I started to feel better and better - although my blood tests were the same, sometimes worse than the first ones.

In the past 4 months these numbers haven't changed. I receive RBC and platelet transfusions every week, and each week these numbers get down to the same ranges unfortunately:
WBC 1.3 - 2.0
RBC 2.2 - 2.4
PLT 2 - 7
NEUT 0.2 - 0.27

They don't understand how am I doing so well. They said I should be lying, being tired and exhausted, but I'm not. I actually walk a lot these days, some 3-5 kms in town. It just feels great.

I'm 28, male. I started LDN with about 4.2mg a few weeks ago (I have to make the portions myself from the 50mg original pills), and haven't experienced any breakthroughs yet However, I'm hoping the best as LDN sounds just awesome to me.

Normally I'll go to the hospital for ATG in 7 - 14 days, depending on their availability. They said they don't have an empty room just yet, but anything can happen so I should be prepared... (this "anything can happen" didn't sound right for me).

As everyone else, I hope for the best as well. This disease struck out of nowhere, I was happy, content and joyful, for the first time in like 15 years, and then BOOM!

It's great to have this community here!
Good luck everyone...

sun