View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 27, 2015, 01:39 PM

Revlimid and High Risk MDS RAEB 2 - 18% Blasts

Hello all - It has been sometime since I have even visited this site. Now I'm back now with another question. First I would like to thank all of you that post and share. Our lives and those of our loved ones change so quickly reminding us not to put off what is important. I have met so many great people on this site. Thank you all.....

My husband started with MDS, moved to AML, has been through the Induction/Consolidation but the blasts are now climbing once again, indicating return of AML.

Has anyone had experience with Revlimid and MDS(18% blasts)? He is not a candidate for BMT. He started with RAEB 1, moved to AML, back to low risk MDS and now back to high risk MDS RAEB 2.

Not many options given to us - Do nothing, 5 days of Chemo, Revlimid and hunt for clinical trial
Our research has shown that most trials will not accept him because of secondary cancer (squamous in lymph nodes removed in Sept.)
Chemo called Clofarabine - I have heard of this and am also on LLS site, but the doc didn't think it was a good option.

Suggested treatment - Revlimid, though its effectiveness deemed to be low, and maybe a small chance it may keep the blasts at bay.

We have an appointment at University Hospital in Denver tomorrow for another opinion.

Would appreciate any insight. And again I thank all of you who post frequently on this site for your time and support.

Peachy
Husband 69 dx MDS/RARS 4/2012,Arenasp 2013; dx RAEB-1 5% Blasts - transfusions, Vidaza - BMB 12/2013 35% blasts - dx AML M6b (Pure Erythroleukemia) - Induction/Consolidate complete Aug 2014 - BMB 5%; Not accepted for BMT ; New BMB 18% Blasts with dropping whites and platelets avg HGB 9