View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 28, 2015, 10:21 AM

Hi Brigitta - Thanks for the link. I am actually getting pretty good at reading all the medical jargon! Will ask the doctor today, the one thing that jumped out at me was that is was primarily used with patients who had not had any precious treatment. Stats aren't particularly good, but were are not a stat.

I believe the Doc is starting us at 10 mg of Revlimid. Will keep a close watch on him, should we decide to go that route.

Wonder how we can get a test to see if it would work, but maybe just having a little hope that it may work will be enough.

Your spirit is amazing!

Hi Ballie - will definitely bring the combo up to the Doc we are seeing this afternoon.

Hi DanL - we do not have del 5q. The only thing that has come up for us is chromosome 6, which at first they said was inverted and when relooking with this last BMB really shows that chrom 6 is stealing from chrom 3, which is why it looks inverted and longer. Really trying to figure that out. This is all new with the last 2 BMB's. Will take all the names of drugs with me today and will look for the forum members talking about the combo.

Hi Vickij - The doc did say Revlimid works better with lower risk MDS, which we are definitely not - your 5% blasts vs our 18%. We felt as if it were being offered this as the choices were so few. We have been told that the effectiveness will probably be very low. I am so happy it worked for you.

Having said that you have all given me another potential direction and have armed me with questions. Thanks so much!
Husband 69 dx MDS/RARS 4/2012,Arenasp 2013; dx RAEB-1 5% Blasts - transfusions, Vidaza - BMB 12/2013 35% blasts - dx AML M6b (Pure Erythroleukemia) - Induction/Consolidate complete Aug 2014 - BMB 5%; Not accepted for BMT ; New BMB 18% Blasts with dropping whites and platelets avg HGB 9