View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 31, 2014, 11:40 AM

Data, my situation was that all three counts (WBC,RBC and platelets) were low and then they continued moving lower at a quick rate. I (we) were proactive and ready to act when they moved. In a two month period my counts went down to WBC @ 1.7, RBC @ 2.67 and platelets @ 24. I was told by two highly respected hematoligists that I would most likely not live more than seven months without treatment. It was Vidaza that extended my life. My counts came up to an optimum level to make the SCT possible. I went into the SCT in relatively very good health and so far (knock on wood) that seems to have made a real difference. I firmly believe that it is important to stay ahead of the curve rather than behind the curve.

I never had transfusions or anything except Vidaza (and the last three months the combination with Revlimid) prior to the SCT.