View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 20, 2015, 01:47 PM

Hi Paul and Marlene,
Thank you for responding.

Paul - Yes, those are my most recent CBC numbers. Most of the numbers are either higher or lower than the normal range but just by a bit except the platelets which are at 55. I feel ok and I found out about the low platelets from a routine CBC. During my follow-up phone call, I found out that one Dr didn't see MDS but another Dr who is the head of the department and very well regarded saw, I assume, dysplastic cells. I'm pretty new to all of this and have been educating myself via websites and forums like this.

I will be moving back to the States shortly so once I have my insurance in place, I will see a new hematologist and get a second opinion. Will definitely go to a MDS Centre of Excellence for the 2nd opinion.

Marlene - After my first appointment with the hematologist, 8 tubes of blood were taken so I will assume they checked all of my levels. I will certainly ask for copies of all my reports when I go back. I did read about D3 and K2 and will be purchasing the supplements. Thx for the info on stopping the supplements days before my next CBC.

Thanks again and I appreciate your time in responding to my thread. I am all ears!!

Kerpaka