View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 20, 2008, 06:27 PM

New Update On Pop

Hello,
Today is the 20th of February. My father, as last read, received platelets last week on the 13th. His levels after the platelets went to 56K. Yesterdays blood test showed them at 16. He needed more, so after todays, he is now in the high 40's. Not real impressive.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE? Prior to the 13th, his last platelet infusion was two weeks before Christmas. The last two had neuprogen given the same day, instead of the day after. Am I close to something? The research that I have seen stated at least a 24 hour waiting period; however, the doctor changed it up so he didn't have to make a visit to the hospital 4 days a week. Tue, blood test; Wed, blood or platelets; Thur, chemo and neuprogen; Fri, neuprogen. Basically, Fridays shot has been given each platelet day.

Any feed back??? Any history??? Would love to hear. For all I know his body finally stopped making platelets, and his end is near, but if someone out there has experienced this, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks.

Scott
SON OF BOB
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.