View Single Post
Old Tue May 3, 2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGirl View Post
Her lack of hair re-growth is something that makes me feel a bit suspicious of that.
Oh, hair takes FOREVER to grow back! I only just had enough for the shortest of pixie cuts at 6 months post-transplant. So really, not having any hair regrowth at <90 days is really very normal (and at nearly two years on, I've only just barely been able to put my hair in a ponytail for the first time this week!).

Is there a BMB planned around Day 100? I would expect them to also do a chimerism check at the same time to determine what percentage of her marrow is donor and what's her original cells. This is routine post-transplant but it might be a good idea to confirm that this is scheduled. That should really show how well the graft has taken and whether the conditioning was enough to kill off her original marrow cells.

I believe Serkan also had a top-up of donor cells after his transplant - you might want to look at his thread here in the Transplants section, too (his username is tsergodan).

Oh, and I had a mini transplant, too, and had fludarabine/campath/busulfan. I could dig out my conditioning sheet and see if it lists my dosages if you really wanted to compare them against what she had. Though with conditioning, they really do a lot of customisation for each and every patient so I'm not sure whether a direct comparison would achieve much anyway?
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)

Last edited by squirrellypoo : Tue May 3, 2011 at 07:25 AM. Reason: added my regime