View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 24, 2010, 02:31 PM

Second ATG at age 69

Hi Gloria J, Hopeful, and Lotusbud. Thanks so much for the advise and information. I can see that my experience isn't isolated and that many factors have to be considered in further treatment decisions. I am past my 8 month evaluation from the ATG and the next will be the 9th month. The trend is that numbers are slowly drifting downward, though not critical. I sure appreciate the possibilities of creating secondary problems with another round of ATG and am even considering asking to get off the Prograf for about 3 months before making a decision about hospitalization for ATG. Just coming back from 3 mg a day to 2 had been helpful but I've never even approached the therapeutic serum level suggested, so why tolerate the side effects of a sub-therapeutic dose? Oh well, that's my thinking today. Maybe if the levels go up in August I'll feel better. I'm getting better at waiting these days, but not as good at repeating painful treatment unless it has a good chance of helping.
Thanks for the support and good wishes. I'll keep the group up to date with what's happening. Next CBC is 2 weeks.
One additional question-- Has sleep been a major problem for others since either CSA or Prograf? I'm weak and sleepy all the time but three different sleeping pills haven't made much of a difference. I'm not sure what is the AA and what is caused by the medication but it's a real problem since ATG.
Flyguy