View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 7, 2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathybee1 View Post
The initiation of IV injections coincided with the herbal chelation therapy prescribed by the doctor to address the high ferritin level. Bruce also started wheatgrass supplementation.
Hey Catherine!

Thanks for that great update. "not a sexy area for research" seems to be a problem where MDS is concerned. Dr. Olnes said we really need a good prospective study of iron chelation in MDS, and then opined that no one is likely to do one.

I'm awaiting a copper level from Tuesday's blood draw; should have it sometime next week. I was worried about going up to 9mg of oral copper, but, if Bruce is doing 10mg, maybe I shouldn't worry I do have the same questions about chelation that you have: If the wheatgrass is chelating iron, is it chelating copper as well? And I haven't found anything that resembles an answer.

What was the herbal chelator Bruce's doc had him taking? I may want to give it a shot.

I'll be interested to learn what Bruce's doc has to say about the high levels of excreted copper.

Thanks much!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com