View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 21, 2010, 07:27 PM

Campath trial

Hi:
I just met with NIH doctors on Tuesday to discuss participation in Campath trial. One goal of Campath vs. ATG is that patients will NOT be on cyclosporine. However, NIH doctors did say they reserve the option of giving it to patients to boost counts if the Campath isn't working on its own (or only partially working). I should have asked how often they have used cyclosporine with patients in the trial.

I would love to hear from more people who have been in the Campath trial including those who had it a few years ago. I am an AA patient who recently relapsed from ATG and Cyclosporine after less than two years. I did fabulously on ATG but had many side effects post treatment. I have heard that Campath is a more benign treatment. Still I am concerned because so few patients have used it and there is no long term data available on success rates. I must make a decision soon to be in the Campath trial or do another round of ATG.

Thanks for any comments.