View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 5, 2011, 02:09 PM

MDS possible cause?

My work station was next to a wall. On the other side of the wall (unbeknowst to me) was a transformer for the building. I was having problems with my computer and so the Company ordered a new one for me. The new computer also began to have strange problems and I kept sending it back for repair. They could not find anything wrong with it. Then I just by happenstance discovered the transformer in the other room (the room was not used for anything).

I then moved my work station to another part of my work room and the computer then operated perfectly.

I retired from this job in December 2003 but previously that year I began to show low blood counts in red, white and platelets. The numbers have been relatively constant. My hematologist felt that due to the relative constancy of my blood test results that it might "just be me". Finally I insisted that we explore this further and she ordered a bone marrow and bone biopsy. Those tests then reflected that I had MDS, This was in 2009. The blood tests still remain in a narrow range and although I experience fatigue, I fight it. I am approaching my 75th birthday.

What are the possibilities that some form of radiation from the transformer resulted in my developing MDS ?

Your thoughts would be appreciateed