View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 11, 2012, 06:26 PM

AA and liver failure

Hey all, my name is Brian, I'm 26, and I am new to the forum although I've been reading and gaining encouragement from it for some time. Last month I underwent a MUD BMT at the City of Hope and to this point am doing very well. But as I sit here on this side of transplant it's kind of fun (kind of) to put the pieces together from the past crazy year. It all began last July when I had a week of upper right quadrant pressure and increasing depression. Eventually when my eyes and skin began to turn yellow I decided to go to the ER. My ALT was well above 2000 and after a litany of tests it showed I was a complete mystery. Some would call is seronegative autoimmune hepatitis, but after seeing many hepatologist on this as my platelets began to fall some said there was no markers for this and that it was toxic. Either way we never got a complete answer and probably will never know. My question is does anyone else with AA have a history of liver problems? Thank you much!

Last edited by BrianFlaigmore : Thu Jul 12, 2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: spelling