View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 22, 2013, 02:44 PM

Lesley,
Thank you for the words of encouragement. I am trying to stay positive but it is proving to be very difficult. I lived away from home for about 22 years because I was serving in the military. Thankfully, my mom came to visit me as often as she could and I came home when I could. I finally get out from underneath Uncle Sam's thumb and get to move back home and both my parents' health start to plummet.

It's so hard watching her go through all of this, but I guess I need to find the strength that she has because she is always a trooper. She has expressed her optimism about the new treatment plan that will start as early as next week, but I am scared!! It sounds as if this is her last option and if it doesn't work, she will be left with a CC clinical trial and could get placed in the placebo group.

Wow, I just read over what I've written and I sound very selfish; thinking of how this effects me when I should be thinking about her. It's just that I'm not ready to part with her and I had planned on her being around for a very long time.

All I can do is hope and pray that she responds well to this next type of treatment. Also, I need to find a way to show her how strong I am as we travel this long and winding road ahead.

Again, thanks for your kind words. Glad to hear your dad is responding so well to the treatment. May he continue to do so.

Thanks again,
Sheri