View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 18, 2014, 04:08 PM

Hello! I realize I post all over the place but I last posted on my beginning thread in Nov 2013. It's been 17 months since ATG and this week my son's numbers all hit low normal for the first time. WBCs have been normal for a while but it took longer for blood and platelets to catch up:

WBC = 5.9
Hemoglobin = 13.1
Platelets = 152

His platelets still swing wildly, up to 40k by appointment. And he still gets marrow growth "spurts". He'd have a jump in numbers every 3 to 4 months, then stay stable for a while or start to trend slightly down, then jump up higher. We could tell last week that his hemoglobin was probably higher because he had more energy consistently than he had in a long time.

He's still on 50 mg cyclosporine each morning and evening.

We went to get our Christmas tree last weekend and my husband took us to Home Depot and I asked why we were getting it there and not our normal place. He replied it was cheaper and that we got it there last year and I just didn't come (as in he was annoyed that I didn't come.) So I looked at the kids and actually said I couldn't remember why my younger son and I didn't go get the tree last year. Then a few minutes later I remembered that it was because my son had been in the hospital at the beginning of last December with his temporary relapse (in conjunction with a respiratory infection). So while I still usually have anxiety it was the first time that we both actually forgot about it.

Last edited by curlygirl : Fri Dec 19, 2014 at 02:35 PM.