View Single Post
Old Mon May 6, 2013, 10:05 PM

Hi Deb and Birgitta,

I don't feel I know enough to answer your questions Deb. If you get the chance, please read over the clinical trial in my first post. I believe the curcumin and gingerol are given at very high doses through capsules given 4 times a day. I think it has more benefits than just being a VDR stimulant.

Birgitta, I am not knowledgeable enough to understand all the information you wrote about. Your quote does summarize some of the benefits of curcumin as outlined in the clinical trial I mentioned. Gingerol in high doses has an added benefit when used in conjunction with curcumin, according to the trial results thus far, in reducing the progression of the disease.

When I read the clinical trial I thought; I am stable but this protocol is non toxic so why not give it a try in order to prolong the need for further medication or even a BMT. Unfortunately my doctor would not follow the protocol outlined by UMass Medical so I am being referred. How easy is that if I live in Canada!

Your input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Janice
Female, age 52 - Diagnosed May, 2011 Hypoplastic MDS. Cytogenetics showing 2 abnormalities on chromosome 15. Blasts<5%, IPSS of 1. All blood counts low, but no treatment; watch and wait. Registered for MUD; on Feb. 23/12 two donor matches found but returned since not needed yet!