View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 28, 2010, 05:41 AM

>Thank you for the research. How did your session go today?

Oh, it was only a testing session, where they investigated what the optimum dosis for the UVA1 radiation would be. They tested different doses on different spots of my skin.

Today i will go again to the hospital, where the doctor will see the results of the test on my skin and then decide about the details of the therapy. If my skin would have proved to be more sensitive, i will get a lower dosis. I did not feel/experience any special events on my back/neck, where they did the test. Lets see. My dating will be at 1.15 pm..

>I think that given my age and the low chance of MDS a BMB is not normally done

I thought you were 36 (profile information). Why do you think your age matters?

>unless you are not responsive to ITP therapy, which is what happened.

The problem could be, that because of your prolongued prednisone therapy you have had already health problems and the choice of therapy would depend on the correct diagnosis. i can post you at least one study where it is indicated that if you have MDS and not ITP, prednisolone has not helped in the past. Per PM or officially?

>Thrombocytopenia was my only symptom, there really wasn't any reason to believe it was anything more.

...for you, but the doctors should have a more wider knowledge, could have considerating that you might have MDS instead and taken an informed consent by you, in which you decide, whether you want to get a BMB or not, risking an uncorrect diagnosis and treatment..

>I actually feel the best that I have felt since May - i am currently not taking any medications - although I suspect that will be changing shortly.

Thats wonderful... whats about a watch- and wait modus for the weeks till you have found an optimal treatment?

Did you have symptoms caused by your thrombocytopenia? Or was it a routine blood-counting in spring?

Regards,

Margarete