View Single Post
Old Mon May 20, 2013, 02:13 PM

Questions, Questions, Questions!!

I was originally diagnosed with B Cell Lymphoma and AML. My blood counts at the time were WBC <3, RBC ~3.0 Platelets ~85. Blasts 5%. All during my Rituxan treatments, most of the counts stayed the same.
1 month after last Rituxan treatment had BMA and B Cell was at <1% , blasts were 7%. Wait and Watch, Counts still the same at 4 months but blasts at 11% BMA. Started Vidaza. After first course of subcutaneous injections, changed to IV due to severe reaction at injection sites. Extreme drop in Platelets. FRom average of 60-80, down to 12-15 and transfusions began every 10 days or so. WBC 1.2 . Neupogen between Vidaza courses. Always raised WBC but would not last. Platelet transfusion only shows good for a few days (>30). After 4 courses of Vidaza, BMA showed blasts down to 7%. Dr Stopped Vidaza and started me on Dacogen 5X week every 28 days. Just finished second course and had two units platelets Saturday and 2 units Red Saturday. CBC today show white @4.4 (Neupogen Saturday and Sunday), Red at 3.6 HBG 10.6 and platelets ~38.
I can only wonder if the Vidaza and Dacogen has made my condition worse.
I am supposed to have a Stem Cell Transplant. Brother is 10/10 DNA match but have had no word on viral testing and that was done 4 months ago.
Will have transplant by doctor other than my primary Oncologist/Hematologist.

Has anyone experienced anything like this and how did your doctors respond to this? I am so much sicker than when I started. During Rituxan , I could pretty much keep active(not as normal but active) Now , very little activity drags me down. Showering is about my limit. I just don't get it. My Doctors just say that this is part of the treatment. So confused.