View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 28, 2013, 08:03 AM

NLJabbari

Hi - I can only tell you what I have gone thru for advise. I started yrs ago with Aplastic Anemia - went into remission - went into MDS and had ATG tx. which lastest 10 yrs - should have only last 5 to 7 yrs. Then relapsed and had Vidaza (didnt work) then had Dacogen (didnt work) Developed Rheumatoid Arthritis and had infusion of Rituxan ( didnt work) Went into consult for a bone marrow transplant - no family members - Most fantastic understanding doctor explained to me that there is no other "cure" but a bone marrow transplant - everything else is a bandaid. I recently found out they found a 10/10 unrelated donor match for me and am going Nov 4th for the time schedule. I am very excited, very scared and very happy at the same time. Hope this gives you some idea of the road that can be taken. If I had to do some things over again - I am still mixed - if I pushed for a transplant earlier - the success rate wasnt as great as it is now. Hope you and your son find the answers that make you feel comfortable with your decisions. Blessings to you