View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 10, 2013, 04:07 PM

Curlygirl: thanks for your answer. I read a lot these last weeks but I don't know much about this PNH clone thing. And how dangerous it can be. And if you can get rid of it. It seems to be quite common in SAA. I'll do some research and read your thread.
I remember the doctor saying that my brother had a high rate of something related to the liver. I guess it was bilirubin.
They are currently running some other urine tests.I told him to drink more water.

SAA Sister: That's funny to see how similar our stories are! Our brothers about the same age getting the exact same disease and same treatment at the same time. And both feeling isolated...
Did the doctors consider BMT before starting ATG? My other brother and I are no match. Now if ATG doesn't work, they will do a BMT with an unrelated donor and this is really scary. I read the chances for BMT to work were higher when you've had no previous treatment and few tranfusions. That won't be the case in 6 months.
Is your brother still in hospital? How are his blood counts? My brother should leave hospital in one or two weeks but his WBC are still so low (we were told today that his neutrophils were around 300)
It is so difficult to cope with all that and not to fall apart, especially in front of him. He had just found a job that he loved. I have to behave as if I were strong but I can't help crying as soon as I am alone.
It really helps to write about it.