View Single Post
Old Fri May 20, 2016, 03:12 AM

Greg,

As you know, I had grade 2 to 3 fibrosis in my marrow as well. Engraftment took a little longer - at 31 days, i was only at 500 ANC, but was producing RBC and platelets nicely. All fibrosis was gone within 3 months according to my biopsies.

It is an added factor, but the treatment is the same - transplant is the only cure possible. They do use a lot of danazol to help treat patients with myelofibrosis, so it seems like a logical addition, but it may also add the possibility of allowing gvhd to come after the lungs....just a thought.

I would also say that with full induction chemo, you are dong the equivalent of a fully myeloablative regimen, so a ric at transplant seems to make sense there rather than subjecting you to consecutive fully destructive regimens.

I have you in my thoughts and pray for the very best outcome for you. Stay positive and know that you will succeed.

Dan
MDS RCMD w/grade 2-3 fibrosis. Allo-MUD Feb 26, 2014. Relapsed August 2014. Free and clear of MDS since November 2014 after treatment with Vidaza and Rituxan. Experiencing autoimmune attack on CNS thought to be GVHD, some gut, skin and ocular cGVHD. Neuropathy over 80% of body.