View Single Post
Old Wed May 25, 2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytd View Post
Greg,
I learned a lot from your posts when I was haunting this website back several years ago and wanted to thank you for it. You might be interested in another patient's (Chris) blog posting his journey entitled "The Marrow Chronicle". Marie
Thanks, Marie!

I have learned so much from the folks on marrowforums that I set a a goal of trying to bring back to the community everything I have learned about the disease. I see this as a real communal effort to take hard-to understand medical lingo and get it down into plain language. My posts were less frequent for a while, once Danazol worked for me, because, as Dr. Bogdhan Dumitriu put it, I was not sick anymore.

But I am back with a new MDS adventure, and hope to be a more frequent contributor, assuming I can write through the side effects of chemo.

Thanks for the tip about the Cap's blog. Someone else clued me into that one and I read the whole thing. I was very sorry to hear that he wound up with GVHD issues three whole years after transplant but was glad to hear he had finally been able to play his guitar and fiddle.

Take Care!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com

Last edited by Greg H : Wed May 25, 2016 at 08:48 AM.