View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 17, 2009, 10:55 AM

Please see my Husband's Progress posted under clinical trials

Ann,
My husband was very very run down and barely able to climb our stairs at our home. All he did in the first few months is stare out the window in our front room. He was very depressed at times. Reading all of the literature on MDS will depress anyone. Remember, the IPPS scores were established BEFORE they had the currently available treatments for MDS, such as Vidaza.

My husband was dx 2/17/09 and entered clinical trial e1905 on 4/01/09. He's been on it for 5 complete cycles. The treatment is Vidaza by injection for 10 days in a row, then, 18 days off to complete the total (28-Day cycle). Although the trial e1905 was to really test the MS-275 pill that they give to a patient, along with the low dose of Vidaza. It was a randomn selection by computer, and my husband is in the group that does not receive MS-275 but he does still receive 10-Days of Vidaza.

Please go to my posts under the clinical trial e1905. This string was started by the "FlowerLady", but, I've posted Ron's progress and we Praise God everyday for his improvement. And, remember, no body can tell someone how long they have, because, no body really knows.... Everyone is different. And just because your husband is not feeling good right now, doesn't mean he won't improve. My husband, Ron, has improved wonderfully! My husband is 65 yrs old. And, he is a cardiac patient. He had a stint in his heart back in 2001. He feels really good right now! We're just trying to enjoy every single day at this point....

Good Luck & God Bless you and your husband... Hang in there!
Cindy