View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 1, 2013, 10:51 PM

Bob my wife is sort of in the same boat, execpt she has AML, Our counts have been low for months, we have been getting blood and platelet transfussions once per week for at least 5 months, today we found out that the decitibane may not be working anymore ( I wont lie, were tripping out, but deep down inside I know these agents dont work forever ), for us we have been lower and waited but its not a good idea, now that your counts are that low it is VERY important to stay on top of what you put into your body, handwashing, simple things like swimming in the summertime and injesting the water. All these things can lead to an infection, when your that low ask your doctor about anti fungals and antibiotics ( if you not allready on them ) We get platlets when there below 10 and blood when Hematocrit is under 25%, we are also on Amicar for platelets. Not trying to add fuel to the fire but has you doctor said anything about your mds transforming into aml ? We will be praying for you, YOU ARE NOT ALONE.......Billy
Billy - Husband of Tina: 31 years old at dx - June 2007 - Stage 3 Breast Cancer - Dec 2008 Stage 4 - Brain and Bone - Nov 2012 - Therapy Related AML. Curently on Decitabine for Therapy Related AML and Herceptain for ongoing Breast Cancer. Weekly transfussions of blood and platelets