View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 11, 2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiDean View Post
MagicBob,

My husband has been on Dacogen for the last eleven months. His counts haven't been great, but with Neupogen and platelet transfusions he was doing okay, his RBC and hemoglobin actually weren't very bad during this time. He was scheduled for his regular Dacogen treatment the last week of June, but it was postponed a week because his counts had gone down as low as yours' have, and his RBC and hemoglobin began to drop. His hemoglobin is now 8.0 and his RBC 2.18.

He was then suppose to start the Dacogen the first week of July, and within a week his counts were still down and dropping.

Like you, Dean is scheduled for a bone marrow biopsy on July 15. We are worried, since Dean's counts, though low, have been fairly stable. All of his counts are low now and not recovering like they use to, as a matter of fact, you almost have the same exact numbers.

We are suppose to find out the results of the biopsy on the 22nd. Tomorrow Dean has labs and we will also see his oncologist. Not sure if the doctor will recommend any transfusions for Dean, his platelets were 14 on Monday.

Keeping you in our thoughts! I will try to update you when we get the results. Dean is very weak and short of breath, and doesn't have an appetite. Are you experiencing any of these symptoms?
Patti, thank you for the response and the insight about Dean. I am also 76 years old, and like Dean very weak and short of breath, appetite is good.
If you don't mind sharing today's CBC, I would appreciate it.
My wife and I will keep you both in our prayers, MagicBob