View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 12, 2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBob View Post
Patti, thank you for the response and the insight about Dean. I am also 76 years old, and like Dean very weak and short of breath, appetite is good.
If you don't mind sharing today's CBC, I would appreciate it.
My wife and I will keep you both in our prayers, MagicBob
Hi MagicBob,

Dean is feeling down right now, worried about what is happening, also concerned that he is now dealing with AML. His BMB is early Monday morning, and we won't find out the results until July 29th.

Dean counts as of yesterday were:

WBC - 1.1
ANC - 0.6
RBC - 2.10
Hgb - 8.0
Plat - 14

The doctor gave Dean an injection of Procrit. No Neupogen, he told us because the white blood cells are the leukemia cells, and he doesn't want to stimulate those cells right now until we find out what is happening. Dean will probably need transfusions next week, but his oncologist doesn't want to do any transfusions before the biopsy.

Dean's doctor does tell us, depending on the results of the biopsy, that he may put Dean on Vidaza, or see if he can go into a clinical trial. Waiting and wondering is so hard, isn't it? Dean's last treatment with Dacogen was the end of May.

Keeping you and your wife in our thoughts and prayers. We will let you know when we get the results of the BMB, we are scheduled to see Dean's doctor on July 22 for the first results and the 29th for the rest of the results. Will be thinking of you on the 19th. Lots of good wishes are being sent your way.

Lots of hugs, Patti and Dean
Dean,age 76, dx MDS, RAEB-2, 17% blasts, June 2012 - May 2013 - Dacogen with Neupogen and transfusions as needed. End of May 2013 Dacogen stopped working. BMB July 2013 shows RAEB-2 and severe Myelofibrosis. Passed away September 30, 2013