View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 13, 2013, 06:35 AM

Thank you Billy, Up until a few weeks ago Dean was almost receiving Neupogen daily. His WBC has always given him trouble, would go up for a few days, then fall right back down below one, same with his ANC. Dean's platelets have been low too, usually in the 40's or 50's and at times would go below 10, he would get platelets then.

The RBC and Hgb has remained fairly stable ever since we found out Dean had MDS, although when he was diagnosed they were lower than they are now. This recent drop became a concern for his oncologist, and the fact that Dean's platelets are not recovering either, they have stayed low for over a month.

The doctor has stopped the Dacogen until after the BMB, and will make a decision about Dean's treatment after we go over the results. The doctor also has mentioned that he feels Dean may now have AML, but says he won't know until after the BMB.

Waiting and wondering is difficult, Dean is scared, but trying so hard to be positive. It is so difficult to see our love ones go through terrible illnesses and not be able to take the pain and suffering away. I know Dean and I are not alone, so many families are dealing with illnesses and accidents and feelings of fear and helplessness. Dean and I say our prayers every night and ask for peace and comfort for all those that are going through these very difficult times.

Thank you again for your reply and support. We are learning as we go along, that's for sure.

We will keep you and your wife in our prayers,

Hugs,

Patti and Dean
Dean,age 76, dx MDS, RAEB-2, 17% blasts, June 2012 - May 2013 - Dacogen with Neupogen and transfusions as needed. End of May 2013 Dacogen stopped working. BMB July 2013 shows RAEB-2 and severe Myelofibrosis. Passed away September 30, 2013

Last edited by PattiDean : Sat Jul 13, 2013 at 09:45 AM.