View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 13, 2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBob View Post
Patti and Dean, thank you so much for all that you are sharing. I can not believe that are Counts are almost identical, also that we are the same age, and we both have BMB's scheduled for next week.

I am going through the same emotions as Dean, as my doctor has been thinking that AML could be rearing it's ugly head.

As you can see we live in Mechanicsburg, Pa, this has been our new residence since Sept. 2011. (to be near our daughters) We lived in Sarasota, Fl. 18 years, and at The Villages, Fl. 3 years and it was there that I was diagnosed with MDS.

While living Florida, my MDS doctor was Dr. Dr. Komrokji at Moffitt Cancer Center, a very knowledgeable MDS doctor and is part of the team with Dr. List.

Another tie-in with your area is my Post name 'MagicBob', I am a magician and I attended many magic meetings in Clearwater. Sad to report that I
don't have any magic tricks in my hat to get rid of this baffling disease.

My wife Dru and I are praying for you guys, a wishing good BMB results.

MagicBob

Bob, add another strange tie-in to your list. Dean and I lived in The Villages for three years before moving to Clearwater. We moved to Clearwater because my mother was here and her health was failing, have been in this area since January 2011.

Dean doesn't get on the computer very often, although he knows I am on the forums, and I keep him up to date on the posts I make and those I receive. I told Dean about your posts, and like you, he said that the two of you do seem to have a connection. It is nice to have these forums, so we don't feel so alone.

I notice that Billy posted a reply to you about antibiotics and anti fungal medication. Dean was usually on them for a week after his Dacogen treatment because his WBC was always so very low. Since stopping his Dacogen he hasn't taken any antibiotics or anti fungal, thanks to Billy's post, we realize that we have to ask Dean's oncologist if he should begin taking them again since the WBC take care of fighting infections.

Dean's doctor has told us that he may refer Dean to Moffitt, thank you for giving us the name of the doctor that you were seeing. We won't feel so lost if we do go to Moffitt, we will ask about seeing Dr. Komrokji.

We will pray that there will one day be a Magic Trick to cure this terrible disease.

Love and hugs and prayers to you and your wife, You will be in our thoughts on the 19th.

Patti and Dean
Dean,age 76, dx MDS, RAEB-2, 17% blasts, June 2012 - May 2013 - Dacogen with Neupogen and transfusions as needed. End of May 2013 Dacogen stopped working. BMB July 2013 shows RAEB-2 and severe Myelofibrosis. Passed away September 30, 2013

Last edited by PattiDean : Sun Jul 14, 2013 at 04:57 AM.