View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 14, 2008, 11:36 PM

Hi Missy, I read your posts. I was 45 at time of diagnosis. That was in 2000. I was treated with ATG, then ALG, as I was only in a very short remission with ATG. Had many tx's. Was on Cyclosporine. Now, I am in remission. Took a long time to get there for me. I too was very healthy before diagnosis, as I think most were.
One thing, take it slow and easy. One day at a time. Moment by moment. I do remember being sooo tired and sick and tired of being sick and tired. But, time heals. And I know it is hard for family and friends to understand how long it takes to get back to normal. I mean, it was even hard for me to understand that.
I stopped working when diagnosed. I still don't work at this time. For me, naps has been a new lifestyle and my body insists on it. But finally, I am napping less and that is great! Also, my memory went caput! Short term mostly. So I thought I should do something about it. I went in for speech and occupational therepy. It really helped! Everyone uesd to tell me that I didn't remember anything (they were pretty much right), but I don't hear that so much anymore. And another thing is that I got very depressed. I talked to my Dr. about it. She put me on antidepressants. That really helped too. I also was going to a Cancer support group. There are similarities in treatment and side effects. I made friends with a great group of people who understood me and how I felt and now I help them.
So I hope that any of these ideas might help you too. Best of luck!
We have so many similarities in age, treatment types, results, etc.
Connie