View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 7, 2012, 11:09 PM

Question Drews story, starting journey

My son Drew 13 years lives here in Queensland australia with his sister Kira and mother Natalie,A couple of weeks ago while taking Drew down to the local gaming shop he showed me a couple of what I thought we rashes,decided to take him to the doctor,just to check it out.after blood tests picked up his new game and went home .recieved a call in the morning ,Had to go to the hospital straght away for more tests as his platelets were very low ,about 20 I think.
They took more blood tests, then sent us to the Royal childrens hospital Brisbane. The next morning we were booked in for a bone marrow byopsy.We feared luekiema.The wait for results was agonising,then when told there were no cancer cells but they thought he may have A A ,we had a sigh of relief(little did we know)Drew has been diagnosed with moderate to severe A Atwo days ag .As there are very few cases here.(One every year in Queensland )Our doctors are very good ,but maybee less experienced that what may be in America.I feel there could be alot more expertise out there that may be able to help.Advice please! very worried .Drews Dad Pete.

Last edited by Drewsworld : Sat Jul 7, 2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: more info