View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 13, 2012, 05:09 PM

Hello!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are stressed out so much by this and partly due to the drs. telling you that you will probably relapse. That was actually pretty sad of them to do that. I would say that your counts look great to me. I know your platelets are fluctuating, but the fluctuation is minimal and you are still at a great level. Honestly, I think they are running your cbc's too close together. I would try once a month. My counts are 10.1 hemo, 2.5 WBC, and 69 platelets and they are only checking mine every 3 months. I'm 15 years post ATG, though. Honestly, it's easier to actually see what's up and not catching the normal ebs and flows of my counts driving me insane. With my drop in counts these last couple of years, I've come to the conclusion that you really need to try your best to relax about the relapse. I know it's hard, but stressing about it will not help. Try your hardest to wake up and enjoy the fact that today you don't have to waste 4 hours of your day getting a blood transfusion! Enjoy the fact that you can climb that flight of stairs without practically collapsing. It's the small little triumphs that make life enjoyable. Go enjoy it! Nobody knows what the future holds, but we know what today holds. Treasure it. Also, try to remember that anger and resentment do nothing but poison your healing. Good luck to you.

36 yr. old, dx SAA in Jan 1996, treated with ATG in Mar. 1996, off cyclosporine Sept. 1996, last blood transfusion in Aug. 1997, slow decline in counts again November 2010, AA and current count decline thought to be caused by lupus, currently taking 400mg Plaquinil

Last edited by mscrzy1 : Mon Feb 13, 2012 at 05:28 PM.