View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 14, 2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv0210 View Post

The cancer center of UofM wanted me to repeat ATG before I left to go to Fort Irwin but the Army said no. They believed that if I didn't I would see a possible relapse within two years. So ever since they told me that I can't stop thinking about it.
I can see how a remark like that would get inside your head and make you worry, but I'm wondering why they think that. Since you had such a good response the first time, I don't understand why they'd want you to repeat it. I've never heard that sort of thinking before. If I were in your shoes I'd contact them and find out why they said that. Maybe that will help ease your anxiety somewhat.

I have to say, I'd be nervous about being on active duty this soon after treatment too, and also want to check it often, but I'm not seeing anything in your counts that signal a relapse. As Karenish and others have said, up and down fluctuations are normal. It's when they are consistantly down every time that you may have something to worry about.