Thread: Nutritionist?
View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 2, 2016, 02:38 PM

Have the doctors suggested a transplant? I would think you have had some pretty good conversations if they have already found donors. Nutrition will help the situation as it does for anyone but nutrition will not turn this around. Don't make the mistake of waiting until your mother's health deteriorates before going to transplant. As we get older we seem to accumulate more co-morbidities, don't wait until then. I had my transplant while feeling great and that is one reason that makes a transplant successful. Remember also, that the younger a person goes to transplant generally the better the results. Also it is important to be on "the same page" as your health providers. Unless there is something really out of balance, they are there to help you. Be as cooperative as possible while being an advocate for your situation. Additionally, I had my transplant before having any transfusions. I do agree that the decisions are difficult and personal.

Last edited by bailie : Sun Oct 2, 2016 at 03:14 PM.