View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 28, 2008, 09:48 AM

Pop Up Date 10/28/2008

????????????????,
O.K. I guess that explains it. Pop had his tests today. He has been off chemo {ARA-C} for 4 weeks Thursday the 30th. He received 2 units of blood last week, but no platelets. His tests today were Platelets, 91; Hemoglobin, 10.1; whites, 5.6. O.K. Any clues? Last week plates were 25 and hemo 8.2. He still feels crapy, {no energy}and that could be due to not being physical for 6 months.

I am guessing that the doctor will order another bone marrow biopsy. He has been on the Ara-C for a year. 50mg's weekly under the skin. Blood and plates when needed, and twice a week blood for 2 weeks. Thought he was going to pass 2 weeks ago due to how bad he was.

The doctor stated he would be gone last winter. I don't want to get my hopes up. He has not had the "big test" to show if he may be blasting. Do leukemia cells mimic platelets in the test and make it look like there are more good than bad? Have not gotten answers to that yet.

Feed back on this one would be great. I know pop has not followed the rules on this one, and has been, somewhat of an experiment; however, I will not allow myself to celebrate yet.

Scott

Son of Bob
Scott, Son of BOB. My father, diagnosed 9/07 with "hypo-cellular acute bone marrow Leukemia" AA, AML & MDS. He was 77 years old 08/25/2008. He was being treated with Ara-C, blood and platelets w/needed. Stopped blood treatments 12/08/08 & passed 12/23/2008. Pop was the best father and friend.