In 2012 the Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation
(AA&MDSIF) will hold seven one-day conferences for AA, MDS, and PNH patients and their families, in seven cities across the U.S.
Conference attendance will be free. Those who want to stay overnight can take advantage of discounted hotel rates.
2012 Patient Conferences (click for details):
- Bethesda, MD - Saturday, March 24, 2012 - Living with Aplastic Anemia, MDS or PNH
- Los Angeles, CA - Saturday, April 21, 2012 - Living with Aplastic Anemia, MDS or PNH
- Atlanta, GA - Saturday, May 19, 2012 - Living with Aplastic Anemia, MDS or PNH
- Seattle, WA - Saturday, June 16, 2012 - Current Management of Marrow Failure: MDS, Myeloproliferative Neoplasms, AA and PNH
- Newark, NJ - Saturday, July 28, 2012 - Living with Aplastic Anemia, MDS or PNH (includes "For Kids Only" workshop)
- Dallas, TX - Saturday, September 22, 2012 - Living with Aplastic Anemia, MDS or PNH
- Chicago, IL - Saturday, October 20, 2012 - Living with Aplastic Anemia, MDS or PNH
The six Living with Aplastic Anemia, MDS or PNH
conferences, hosted by the AA&MDSIF, will include parallel (simultaneous) sessions on AA, MDS, and PNH, sessions to help you live with and cope with these diseases, and professionally-facilitated support sessions with your peers.
The Management of Marrow Failure: MDS/MPN/AA/PNH
conference in Seattle, co-hosted by the AA&MDSIF and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
, will have morning sessions featuring epidemiology, diagnosis, AA, and PNH. Late morning and afternoon sessions will focus on MDS and MPN.
At each conference patients and family members will be able to
- meet medical experts face-to-face
- hear about the latest treatments and medical research
- learn skills for managing life with a bone marrow failure disease
- have your questions answered
- learn how to be your own advocate for the best care
- get to know other patients and family members like yourselves
- attend professionally-facilitated support sessions (all cities except Seattle)
- let children ages 6 to 16 attend a For Kids Only Workshop (Newark only)
Registration is open for all conferences. Plan to attend the patient conference closest to you. To identify other attendees you can meet there, post in the Marrowforums
thread for the conference you plan to attend.