The Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation
(AAMDSIF) will hold three one-day conferences for bone marrow failure disease patients and their families in 2020, and one 3-day national conference.
Conference attendance will be free. Those who want to stay overnight can take advantage of discounted hotel rates. Plan to attend the patient conference closest to you.
2020 Patient and Family Conferences
(click a link for conference details)
- Atlanta, Georgia - Saturday, April 18, 2020 -- date since changed; see below
- Seattle, Washington - Saturday, June 20, 2020 -- canceled; see below
- Bethesda, Maryland - Friday, July 17 through Sunday July 19, 2020 (National Conference)
- Cleveland, Ohio - Saturday, October 3, 2020
Each conference will include parallel (simultaneous) sessions on bone marrow failure diseases.
- AA (aplastic anemia) and PRCA (pure red cell aplasia)
- MDS (myelodysplastic syndromes), CMML (chronic myelomonocytic leukemia), and MPNs (myeloproliferative neoplasms)
- PNH (paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria)
- AML (acute myeloid leukemia)
There will also be sessions on bone marrow transplants and general wellness. These sessions will help you learn about the diseases, learn to live with and cope with them, and take charge of your own health.
At each conference patients and family members will be able to
- meet medical experts face-to-face
- hear about the latest treatments and medical research
- learn skills for managing life with a bone marrow failure disease
- have your questions answered
- learn how to be your own advocate for the best care
- get to know other patients and family members like yourselves
- learn how the AA&MDSIF can help you
- attend a Friday night social before the day of a Saturday conference
Click the links above, once they are available, for details about each conference. To be notified of news or changes, subscribe to this forum thread or the individual conference threads. You can also find information on the AA&MDSIF Patient Conferences