View Single Post
Old Sun May 1, 2011, 05:02 PM

I'm more or less in the exact same position as you. I had ATG in August '08 and my bloods eventually had recovered fully by around this time last year.

Around last Christmas I started to relapse and the bloods fell very quickly. They put me back on cyclosporine (I had been off it for around 6 months), this time on 200mg/2 which seems to have stabilised things. My platelets are very slowly creeping back up and white cells are average. My Hgb has remained at around the 9-10 mark and don't seem to be going up at all.

My doctor told me the other day that it's quite likely that it won't go up any further which disappointed me a lot because I was expecting them to go back to normal levels like they had been before the relapse. Personally I find it much harder day-to-day to get by on this amount of blood compared to having higher red blood counts.

I know how you feel in relation to the transplant, neither of my siblings are a match either and despite the potential benefits of an unrelated transplant, the idea of a transplant scares me a lot and I really want to avoid it if I can.

Hawaii Bill's story sounds promising and I hope we have his success. Best of luck