Thread: Trisomy 21
View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 22, 2009, 08:55 AM

thank you for answering me i made a mistake when i asked about trisomy 21 after the last bmb she told us that 21 was involved i dont remember whether she said trisomy or the monsomy ( hope the spelling is right) but the said that 5q i think it is was not involved but im not sure but i do know she took a more aggresive form of treatment vidazaa every 4 to 5 weeks b/c his platlets are now unstable along with the hemogloben we see her tomorrow i will ask about the 21 thing
he did so well last year on vidaza and was transfusion independant after 2 transfusions after 4 or 5 treatments of vidaza was put on just watch and wait we were extremely pleased but when he went in Dec. his platlets had dropped and continued dropping so another bmb and thats when she told us about 21 but no other chrmosone involment and said he would stay on vidaza until it didnt work anymore. hes had platlet infusion and this week blood transfusion. i will let u know tomorrows results i know this is long but i am worried best regards helen