View Single Post
Old Sat Feb 28, 2015, 01:13 PM

DANL said "enjoy what there is to enjoy, endure what there is to endure. Since developing MDS, I have actually learned to laugh out loud, to cry a little at stupid movie moments, and to let go of things that are out of my control, while managing the ones that I can as best I can"

DANL this is some really great advise. Thanks for sharing.

Data said Feeling like you have accomplished something is a little harder when you are retired. When I was working I felt like I was doing some good. Now I am not so sure. I will keep your advice in mind though!
Data I have experienced this same thing. I have been retired now for almost 11 years. I have managed to find things to keep me busy and involved, even if in some cases the things I do may not make much sense to others.

For instance I spent the last 6 months, among other things, researching and evaluating a new truck I was interested in. My family tells me that I should go around to some dealers and pick out one that I like. There was a time when that is what I would have done. I found that doing it this way was much more interesting. I learned stuff that I never ever had thought about.

BTW my "new" truck, that I had specially ordered just for me, is now at a GM rail yard in Atlanta, and should be delivered to my front door by the end of next week. The truck is coming from a dealer in metro Atlanta, some three hours driving time north of me. The sales consultant's mother lives about five miles from me. He is going to personally deliver my truck early one morning so he can spend an afternoon (on company time) visiting his mother who he has not seen since Christmas.

Data you just have to find things to keep you physically and mentally involved, and challenged, even if those things do not make much sense to your loved ones.