View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 26, 2017, 09:38 AM

Sorry, I guess I wasn't subscribed to get notices of replies to this thread. Still getting used to the boards.

I have never had a transfusion. My EPO level was 19 (ref range of 4-27). My ANC is what's driving this doc, I think, and the week he ordered the Granix it was 0.3. The one they did the following week, right before the shot, was 0.5. I joked with the nurse saying then I didn't need it but took it anyway. In hindsight maybe I shouldn't have.

My blasts were 5-6% based on microscopic examination of my bone marrow biopsy. It showed trilineage hematopoiesis with left shifted myeloid lineage with markedly reduced bands and segmented neutrophils. Occasional dyserythropoietic forms noted. Iron stain did not show stainable iron.

I'm going to look for the proper forum to post all this bone marrow stuff and maybe get some help to understand this. I really find it hard to believe I'm not scheduled to see the doctor again until Nov. 7. He's okay with answering questions but I have to know what questions to ask, he doesn't volunteer information.
Joanne, 65F, 8/17 dx Primary MDS-EB1, Pancytopenia; 6/19 MPN w/CMML characteristics, dr calling it AML even w/blasts <20%; 7/19 Induction w/Vyxeos resulting in complete remission with incomplete blood count recovery.